Buying a new instrument can be a headache. You have to think about so many things, specifications, sound, the look and… PRICE. When you are on a budget, you have to reconsider your priorities and most of the times compromise some highly advanced specs of the instrument. But you definitely want to have a good sound and nice playability in order to enjoy long hours of rehearsal. We have made some research about the best cheap classical guitars for you, so after reading this article you will understand that combining good price with high quality is possible. Here is the result of our work, enjoy:
Top 5 Best Cheap Classical Guitars
|Cordoba C3M Classical Guitar||(4.9 / 5)||Check on Amazon
|Ortega Guitars R122SN Family Series||(4.8 / 5)||Check on Amazon
|Yamaha C40 Full Size Nylon-String Classical Guitar||(4.7 / 5)||Check on Amazon
|Ovation Applause Balladeer AB24CII-CED||(4.7 / 5)||Check on Amazon
|Yamaha CGS104A Full-Size Classical Guitar||(4.6 / 5)||Check on Amazon
Still have not found your favorite guitar?
Not only have we looked up best classical guitars for the money, but we are here to give you some tips as well, that will be very useful for purchase. Keep in mind that most of the important things are pretty similar for classical and acoustic guitar. First and foremost, you need to know that one of the top affecting factors on the sound is guitar top quality. Make sure to purchase an instrument that has very high-top wood quality. The most common materials are:
- Spruce -This wood delivers strong tone and crisp sound. It can be played hard without losing the clarity of the sound but can lack character when played softly.
- Cedar – It produces sound with less clarity but more power. It has a warm tones and rich harmonics.
- Mahogany – It has a warm tone, but lacks a character a bit so will suit those who play blues, or who like natural sound.
- Maple -delivers bright sound, nice sustain and clear tones on high frequencies
Solid VS Laminated
Even though we know you are on budget, go for the solid wood. It makes a big difference. Solid wood is much better than cheap laminated wood. In laminated ones’ cheap wood layers are combined with one layer of nice wood. Solid is more expensive but price differs from its quality. We would advise you to go for the solid wood top and laminated back and sides, if you are on a really tight budget. That will be the best compromise possible.
Never Compromise Comfort
The most important tip for buying a guitar is not to forget that it should be comfortable. Your hand should perfectly fit the neck, glide easily on the fretboard, whilst body should feel nice when seated as well as standing. If you’re a bit of smaller body type or you are buying a guitar for a younger child, we would advise you to check out a 3/4 size guitar.
- Keep in mind that the higher the action is (the height between strings and guitar) the more difficult it is to play. Your fingers will easily get tired of playing on high action and you will not be able to get the most from this musical experience.
- Be careful with fret buzz or any unneeded noise. Sometimes it can be caused by loose machine head, which is easily fixed. But reason for this problem can be not that easy to find in some cases and that is a sign not to buy.
- The instrument should have a flat soundboard. In older guitars, a bit of rice can occur in the bridge area but usually rice is the sign of a dry guitar so avoid it.
- Make sure that bridge is no separating from the face of the guitar (as it is glued). That happens often in classical guitars.
- At the end we would like to advise you to check its playability yourself. If it is possible, better to try out how it fits and sounds for yourself to find the perfect match.
Getting a first classical guitar can be an unforgettable experience, especially if you have never played it before. You might think that the price range is a factor that might push you back. However, we hope that after reading this article you will change your mind. We proved that good quality and affordability can be combined. There are examples in the above list of the best cheap classical guitars. Keep in mind the tips we have given you, and pay attention to them while choosing an instrument and you will be okay. We hope this article was helpful to you and wish you all the best in your guitar hunt.