What is it about classical guitars that makes us want to own them instantly? Well if you ask me, that classic, old, Spanish sound really makes playing experience very attractive and unforgettable. Nylon String guitar is a closest relative to the oldest Spanish guitar – Vihuela. We have made a research in best classical guitars under 500, as budget is a very important thing to consider before the purchase. We also prepared some good tips that will make your buying experience more simple and convenient. Here goes the list of top 5 instruments under 500 dollars..
Table of Contents
Top 5 Best Classical Guitars Under 500
|1||Cordoba C7 SP||(4.9 / 5)||Check on Amazon|
|2||Yamaha CGX122MCC||(4.8 / 5)||Check on Amazon|
|3||La Patrie Guitar, Etude QI||(4.8 / 5)||Check on Amazon|
|4||Kremona Soloist Series S62C||(4.7 / 5)||Check on Amazon|
|5||Lucero LFB250Sce Spruce/Cypress||(4.6 / 5)||Check on Amazon|
Key Characteristics of Classical Guitar
Guitar making process can be measured with three aspects: sound, playability, visual. Main factors affecting instrument sound include – wood quality, guitar shape, bracing, etc. The most often used materials for classical guitar crafting are – Maple, Mahogany, Cedar and Spruce. Each one of them has its own perks, however, generally it is considered that spruce is the best among those materials. It delivers strong and powerful sound. It keeps the clarity of the tone even when played hard. This wood maintains crisp sound with character. As for the Cedar and Mahogany, they produce warmer tone with less clarity and character. Maple wood has brighter sound and nice clear tone on high frequencies. As for the shape, classical guitar can have 5 major scale shapes. It sounds a bit weird, but scale shapes have names of the letters: C, A, G, E, D. The scale shape can be considered as something sort of a watermark on your playing. How well you play scale pretty much shows how well do you play in general.
- As far as playability is concerned, it includes neck, how long, wide and thin is it, the spacing between frets etc. The string should not have any kind of buzzing noise. The playability of instrument shows, how simply and comfortably you use this guitar. In the ideal situation, your hand should not get tired, even after hours of playing, but vice versa – glide like a breeze on the neck of instrument.
- The visual part of the guitar is highly important as well. Sometimes people forget what a significant role it has in enjoying your guitars’ performance. It concludes the visual features of the guitar, including rosette design, inlays, ornamentation, etc. Every person should keep in mind that the instrument should look as cool as it sounds.
If you do not feel connection to the guitars listed above, we have some tips to help you in selecting that one and only instrument – your perfect match.
Tips until you buy:
- First of all, decide how do you want to use your instrument. Do you want it to be a travel guitar, maybe do some concerts, or just to play at home for fun? It can really affect your final choice, as instruments differ with their purpose, so it surely is a thing to think about.
- Secondly ask yourself, if you plan to change the instrument after you learn the basics, or just in general. Guitars that are good for beginners or even intermediate players are different from those crafted for pros. So, make up your mind about it.
- After that think about the material that you want your ”perfect match” to have. As you already know different materials produce different sound. The guitars’ top materials affects it most of all, so we would advise you to splurge a bit on its material, and maybe not equip with the best pickups as you can change them later.
- Also keep in mind that solid wood produces much better sound than laminated wood. Try to go for the solid one, as it really makes a big difference. At least find guitar with solid top and maybe laminated back and sides, as those parts affect sound less.
- Do not forget the comfort. You will most likely play this instrument for many hours, so it should be a perfect fit. Your hand should not get tired, so find the best and the most comfortable neck possible. It would be the best to try out guitar in your hand before purchase, to actually feel it.
- Last but not least, find the one that looks cool. It is not only about sound, but about overall performance and satisfaction that you get from it. Obviously, you will feel better with good looking, beast instrument is your hands so opt for that one.
Overall, we made a list of best classical guitars under 500 and gave you some good advises, together with characteristics that you should pay attention to the most. We hope that article was helpful. Do not forget that at the end it all comes down to pleasure that music gives you, so try not to stress too much about the choosing part. Just relax and calm down, because if you use these tips, we guarantee that you will be fine. Wish you the best of luck