It is hard-wanting something that you cannot get. You have spent a lot of time going to music stores or online, just to take a glimpse of your dream guitar for a second and imagine what it would feel like in your hands. You tried to save some money for this beautiful instrument, but failed as its price is really out of your league. What if we could tell you that it is okay, and there is a huge possibility of you finding “the one” in your budget? Get ready, this secret is going to be uncovered. We have made a research on Best Electric Guitar under 300, so do not worry anymore, here goes the list, enjoy.
Top 10 Best Electric Guitars Under 300
This beautiful instrument is curved to have similar specs as the original Les’ 1952. It has old vintage look which is the result of sunburst color and design. The guitar has mahogany body and maple top, that makes it lighter than full size Les Pauls, and makes your long practices more comfortable and enjoyable. It has bolt on neck. Epiphone Les Paul-100 Electric Guitar is equipped with 700T Humbucker pickups. Instrument never goes out of tune. This guitar has a rich tone and sounds wonderful. It is undoubtedly much better sounding and more exquisite than you can imagine at that price. You can purchase the instrument separately, as well as in all inclusive package to start playing right away.
- Les Paul Design
- Powerful Sound
- Good Tuning Stability
- Non Satisfactory Tonality
- String buzz
- Very basic pickups
This guitar is a beautiful, glossy piano black with tasty white trim around the body and neck. You will like it for its straightforward, classic, no-frills look. As for the specs, it has ESP LH-150 pickups that generate super sustained distortion. The EC-100AT BLK has a Basswood Body with a Maple Neck and a Rosewood Fingerboard, its neck is bolt on to the body, 24 Extra Jumbo Frets and a Thin-U Neck Contour make hours of playing satisfying and easy. This instrument has great tone and sound; you will definitely be impressed as it is a good-sounding entry level or even intermediate level electric guitar for rock, metal, and other music genres.
- Classic Design
- Awesome Sound
- Full Tone
- Tuning stability suffers when traveling
- Easily damaged body
Squier by Fender Deluxe Stratocaster is ready to give you that authentic retro vibe. It comes in four different colors: Daphne blue, Black, Olympic white and pearl white metallic. All of them lets you get that vintage, classic look. The instrument has Basswood body with polyurethane glossy finish. Satin finished C-shape maple Neck with maple fingerboard and 22 medium jumbo frets makes your connection with the guitar simple and convenient. Guitar has classic Three Duncan Designed™ Single-Coil Pickups. Its sound will live up to your expectations without any doubt. Instrument stays in tune, bridge is great and easy to setup. This guitar has a fantastic quality for the price; it will amaze not only beginners but intermediate players as well.
- Clean Sound
- Understated, Classy design
- Decent tuning stability
- Dents Easily
- Moderately Powerful Sound
We can proudly say that Schecter OMEN-6 is the next level among best electric guitars under 300. It has goth vibes and is available in three different colors. The satin finish on the body is what really sets it apart from the glossy versions and makes exquisite. This instrument is perfect for nonstop hours of playing metal. This guitar is light. Maple neck and basswood body together with rosewood fretboard produces beautiful sounds, a really nice tone with no noticeable fret buzz. It is equipped with Schecter Diamond Plus Pickups, made for crunchy rhythms and perfect for drop tuning. With this guitar you can push your amp to its limits. The instrument is extremely high quality and will leave pleased even experienced musicians.
- Powerful Sound
- Great Sustain
- Dark, Metal themed design
- Beware dents and scratches
- Heavy tone bias
Squier by Fender Vintage Modified 70’s Stratocaster is an incredible value and has extremely high quality for the price. It delivers the vibes of 70’s with its beautiful, classic vintage design. The instrument has basswood body to give excellent sustain and a great resonance at mid and high frequencies. Maple C Shape neck with 21 medium jumbo frets and a Maple fingerboard lets your hand easily glide while playing. Three Duncan DesignedTM SC-101 single-coil pickups are definitely a highlight. The instrument is perfect for someone who is just starting out. You will enjoy time spent with Squier by Fender Vintage Modified 70’s Stratocaster and will make the most out of it.
- Vintage Design
- Easily Customizable
- Detailed Sound Control
- Soft Body
- Tuning Stability
Are you looking for the most Rockstar looking guitar acceptable for your wallet? – Well congratulations you have found one. B.C. Rich Warlock Mk1 2017 is one of a kind among entry level instruments. The guitar features the iconic B.C. Rich Warlock bolt-on body, “widow” headstock featuring satin black finish. It is designed to let you feel like a musician and comfortably fit your hand and body. The instrument has mahogany body with Rock Maple Neck and Rosewood fretboard to deliver good tone, stability, and excellent playability. It is Equipped with durable Ernie Ball strings. After purchasing this guitar, all you are left is to connect it to quality amp and you are ready to rock out.
- Lovely Lows
- Metal Friendly
- Energetic Sound
- Lacks Sound Versatility
- Genre Specific
Some of you may laugh at this guitar’s name, which really sounds a bit funny, but when it comes to the specs it’s when it gets super serious. Jackson JS32 Dinky is a very solid instrument, it looks and sounds excellent. It has an arch-topped basswood body, bolt-on maple neck with graphite reinforcement, with 24 jumbo frets. As its manufacturer says – this guitar can scream! It really has an impressive sound which will make you feel like a metal god and turn your hours of practice into much more pleasurable process. With Jackson JS32 Dinky you are able to get top-notch quality sound and original design without having to break a bank.
- Cool Fretboard Design
- Cheap Nut
- Non-innovative design
ESP LTD EX50 has extraordinary design as well as quality sound. It definitely gives you a feeling of a very high-class guitar. If you are trying to get into the world of metal and are on budget, this instrument is a perfect choice for you. Its superior sound and rocking design will feel like a pro right away. It has basswood body, a fast maple neck at 24.75” scale, and a rosewood fingerboard with 22XJ frets for your comfort. Guitar is equipped with great pickups – passive ESP Designed LH-150. It comes with TOM Bridge & Tailpiece and LTD Tuners. With this instrument and quality amplifier you will definitely rock all night long.
- Wild Design
- Powerful, Versatile Sound
- Need to be careful with guitar’s wings
- Cheap Nut
Another beast from the list – Dean Dimebag Guitar will make you feel like a metal god the minute you hold it. This is Dean ML style guitar, with lighting graphics on it which will inspire you to rock out. The instrument has mahogany body that delivers a great tone with a lot of punch and sustain. 22-fret bolt-on maple neck with rosewood fingerboard and pearl dot inlays makes easy playing nonstop. The instrument is equipped with Pair of Dean humbuckers with separate volume controls, tone control, three-way switch, which gives definition to low-end and mid-range and provides enough bit for modern styles. Dean Dimebag Guitar is definitely a good deal for the price.
- Powerful Sound
- Metal Oriented
- Fire Decal Cheesy design choice
- Bridge doesn’t look good
- Plastic Nut
- Limited Sound Flexibility
This is a really great guitar. And not just “for the price”, it is one of the most demanded products from Ibanez line. The guitar has Wizard III 3-piece maple neck, rosewood fretboard with white dot inlay. Two-octave 24 jumbo frets give the guitar bigger note bends. It has mahogany body that makes the instrument very resonant and lightweight. It is equipped with dual Ibanez INF pickups wired to a 5-way switch for a wide range of coil combinations and sounds. The guitar never goes out of tune. We would recommend Ibanez RG421 not only to someone who is new to the music but also to an experienced as well – who is looking for a budget instrument with exceptional characteristics and sound as well.
- Comfortable to play
- Good for beginners and intermediate players alike
- Simple Controls
- Odd control knob placement
Know until you purchase
Now that you know everything, are you a bit relieved? Maybe you are feeling happy? We hope that you have discovered “the one” from the list above. If not yet, we will give you some tips in order to make your decision-making process even easier.
- First of all until we go into specifications of guitars let’s talk about one really important thing. Sometimes when purchasing something, we like its specs so much that we buy it and do not pay attention to the look. Well… it is not going to work for this kind of instruments. You need to connect with your guitar, express what you feel with it, have a long happy relationship with “the one” you choose, so what is the best way to do that if not having an instrument that matches your personality. If you are into heavy stuff, you better get that of a rock star looking guitar that will definitely deliver those special vibes. If you are more into chill, retro kind of vibes, you will without a doubt enjoy some of the products from the list above that have a signature vintage design to let you get that feeling.
- Next thing that we can advise you is to have a realistic expectation for the instrument. It is true that you can truly get the quality sound from this pocket friendly guitars, but it can still not be as good as some of your friends’ guitar that cost 1000 or even more. We can guarantee that some of the products from this list are truly phenomenal for the money and will leave you happily surprised, but something will definitely be better. We would also highly recommend you do a research about how generally guitars are constructed. It’s more of a “must do” before actually purchasing the instrument. At first you need to learn about the details of its construction, then make up your mind about what you want, how you would like it to sound, and then finally find that instrument and you will connect with it in a best way possible. You need to ask yourself questions like:
- 1. What kind of wood you would like your guitar to be made of?
- 2. Would you like it to have humbucker or single coil pickups?
- 3. What shape do you want it to be?
- 4. Bolt on neck, set neck, or neck through?
- 5. Fixed bridge vs floating? If all of these questions are Greek to you, that is a proof that you need to look into this more deeply. Do not forget that the more details you now, the better the choosing part will go- as Francis Bacon once said: “knowledge is power”.
- Also, the thing that you should keep in mind is not getting too stressed out – remember that you are purchasing guitar for pleasure and fun. Thinking and analyzing everything is good, but you need to know the golden ratio, especially when it comes to music.
Overall, it all comes down to your preferences. All of these instruments are unique in their own ways. They all have something that gives them specific sound and special vibe. Therefore, you need to really understand its purpose and know how you want it to sound. Everyone on a budget can find a guitar to suit their taste and personality, from the list above. We hope that you will use our tips as well and find your best electric guitar under 300. Remember that choosing a guitar can be very stressful process as well as satisfying, so it is completely up to you which way to go. Okay so now enough talking…it’s time for Rockin!